Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reflection on Short Activities 9/23/10

I really enjoyed today's activities.  They were all interesting and unique in their own way and everyone was really comfortable talking in front of the entire class which was nice to see. All the ice breakers and name games I felt were very appropriate since we don't all know each other yet.  It was also interesting to hear the purpose of all the different activities or how they could be changed to fit the population one is working with. That is definitely something that I wish my group would have done just because I think it would have added an interesting aspect to the presentation. The noodle group was very dynamic and I would have loved to know where they got all of those noodles from.  Also the fact that everyone in class participated and had fun just shows how much we all want to be in the major we are currently in.  It's not easy to come up with activities that have a purpose, age appropriate, new, and creative so to see all the different ideas was  very inspiring.  I am definitely going to use some of these ideas in the future.  Finally I enjoyed how the old activities such as telephone were new and improved to make them more exciting and challenging.

1 comment:

  1. The noodles came from the old Leisure Lifestyle Center. There are other resources there as well, but I haven't been over to scope it out yet. I think Dr. Navar is overseeing it, but would probably be happy to let you check out items for an activity!

    ReplyDelete